Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy One Year To Me...

That's right! Today marks my "I'm a ONE YEAR SURVIVOR" anniversary. Wow!!! What a crazy busy year this has been, but what an extreme amount of blessings that I have received because of it.
Psalm 103:1-5 is the passage that I have chosen to claim as mine for today and this current season. It says "Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's."

I do have a fun story to share that I will follow up with pictures when I get home (I didn't bring my camera cord with me). David and I are in Washington DC for the annual CFA seminar. One of the events last night that we could attend was to see Buddy Valastro, THE CAKE BOSS complete a cake that he had made for CFA. Before he started though, we were able to ask questions. So, being in the front row and super excited, I just HAD to ask a question. And of course it was about the bridezilla who ruined the cake he had made for her because she was basically a brat and trying to be funny on camera. He let me know that she ended up "getting hers" because America found her on facebook...and I don't really need to say much more other than the things they were writing to her were none to nice! Anyways, after that, he shared that his dad had died of cancer and how that event had shaped him into becoming the owner of his dad's bakery. So...having a common denominator, I told Buddy that I was a 1 year survivor and that in 4 more years when I am considered cured that I will be coming to him for a pink ribbon cake. He said he'd definitely make it for me. I will hold him to it. I will take my entourage on Feb. 23, 2014 and roll on up to the front door of his bakery in New Jersey to get some of that delicious cake. And in exchange, I may take him some yummy Chick-fil-A. So...I had total conversation with THE CAKE BOSS!!!

OK - pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne! This is Jana from Grace this morning, thanks for saying hello and letting us sit with you! I figured I would just drop by and visit your blog! I am trying to catch up now on yours and Kelly's story. Such brave and blessed ladies! I have a couple other breast cancer survivor blog friends that I am going to point your direction!

    ReplyDelete