Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I (Kelly) Stole This...

from Beth Moore's blog, but you see, it was too good NOT to take and share so here it is.

My Dear Sister
God has not overlooked you
He has not ignored you
He hears every petition
And intimately knows
The heart beneath it.
Give Him full access
To all your longings
Pray every single day
To become a person who delights in Him.
When it seems to disappear
Remember to check your JAW
Are you jealous?
Are you angry?
Are you worried?
Roll it all on Jesus
He's strong enough to carry it
Big enough to handle it.
Trust God with all your heart
Now leave this place
And go into the world
And do some GOOD.


The line that strikes me most on this day is the third from the bottom...NOW LEAVE THIS PLACE. That's what I feel like has happened to me. I have left the place of cancer ,and for the first time since January 12th when I found the lump, I feel NORMAL!!! Like really normal. I don't think about it everyday and to be perfectly honest I don't think about it that much at all. Now I'm sure that will change when I start my daily radiation in 2 weeks, but for now, I've left that place and I am FREE! I'm going to do as Beth says and go into the world and do some GOOD. Anyone want to join in?

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kelly, no matter who originated it.

    On the topic of breast cancer and doing good, I have a video that I'd really like you to see -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/6789 -- about one remarkable woman's "aha moment" that led her to walk around the world, literally, to raise funds and awareness of breast cancer issues. She did some good. And in the end, her story is about a lot more than breast cancer. I know you'll enjoy it.

    All the best to you and your family,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete