Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Be Strong Ring, Part Deux

I hope you all enjoyed Part One of the "Be Strong" ring. Now I will share with you about SEE Pink's "Be Strong" ring.

Last year Woody and I stopped by my office (Exit Realty Clarksville) to visit with a few people before I went to the hospital for bloodwork. It was September 18th and I was scheduled for surgery the following Tuesday. As we arrived there was a group of ladies that came out to greet us. Jane Barker took a ring off of her finger and put it on mine. Although she didn't say, "this is a 'Be Strong' ring", that is exactly what she meant. I have always felt stronger when I had it on...kinda like I had super powers or something! It has a big beautiful pink stone and the ring itself is sterling silver and just fun! I will post a picture later. It fit my personality just right!

A couple of weeks ago, I began thinking about Dayna's "Be Strong" story and thought this ring was PERFECT to start the tradition as Kelly and I were starting SEE Pink. Before I passed it on there was a couple of things I needed to do. I took it to McKenzie & Smiley, a local jeweler, and they tightened up the prongs to better secure the awesome pink stone, shined it up, and engraved "Be Strong" on the inside. The "Be Strong" ring was ready to begin a journey of representing many beautiful women!

Kelly was naturally the first person to receive the "Be Strong" ring. I gave it to her and told her to wear it as long as she felt she needed it. Kelly has been forced to deal with more than three times the chemo than I did and she has shown such strength and grace. I'm so amazed by her. Her faith has taken her through the worst of breast cancer and it will bring her through the rest, which involves over thirty radiation treatments.

Jane Barker, thank you! Thank you for unknowingly becoming a part of something bigger than us all. I couldn't have picked out a more perfect ring to become SEE Pink's symbol! You are too sweet!

I think this fall the "Be Strong" ring will make its way to another deserving lady facing a difficult challenge! With each finger it graces it will gain in strength and history. I look forward to hearing about the ladies it touches and their stories. We will be chronicling the journey of SEE Pink's "Be Strong" ring right here, so stay tuned for more!

Have a blessed day.

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment