Monday, January 25, 2010

What's Happening?

OK - first thing's first. Our next get-together will be this THURSDAY, JANUARY 28TH, 6:30 pm. We'll meet at the same place. Exit Realty (upstairs) off of Exit 1. We are soooo looking forward to seeing every one of your sweet faces...and your children's! Yes, that's right, bring your kids as we have a fun craft planned for them to do.

Next, I just came upon my "one year since being diagnosed" date. It was an emotionally odd day for me. I remember all of the raw feelings that I had from January 23rd until February 23rd (when I had my mastectomy) and they seemed to overtake me at first. I started reading my "cancer blog" and soon, I was thrilled to be able to look back and see how the Lord always provided for me during that time. Whether it was through Scripture, friends, family, etc... He always comforted me and gave me perfect peace. So my next big date will be February 23rd when I can officially call myself a 1 year survivor. I'm thinking of having a party with my hubby and kids and making it a yearly event...kind of like another birthday. Afterall, I was given a new beginning through this journey. And heck, I'll be honest...we love cake and parties so it's just ANOTHER reason to have those :)

Lynne has been super busy this month too. She, unfortunately, experienced the passing of her grandmother a few weeks ago. During that same week, her hubby also deployed again, and her uncle had triple bypass surgery. WHAT A CRAPPY WEEK!!! But, she is doing well and is also super excited about this Thursday night and seeing all of you. She and I have been planning and organizing like crazy and are excited to share these things with you guys. We have some guest speakers lined up and some fun events planned that we'll talk about Thursday.

OK - enough rambling. My 3 year old is begging me to play UNO and I am determined to beat her this time (seriously, she always wins and no, I don't let her). Last time, I promise...
NEXT MEETING: JANUARY 28TH, 6:30 PM, EXIT REALTY OFF EXIT 1, BRING YOUR KIDDIES

No comments:

Post a Comment